Laser-cutting, -engraving, -marking
APPLICATION FIELDS & MARKETS
- Imaging: lightweight & compact zoom optics for cameras, mobile phones or microscopes, adjustable eyeglasses, human eye like imaging systems
- High Power: laser-engraving, -marking & -cutting, scanheads for highpower applications
- Beam projection: adjustable illumination systems, lamps & headlights,varifocal automotive lighting, scanners, projectors, printers, etc.
- Laboratory equipment: adjustable multipurpose devices for optical prototyping, etc.
- Scientific and front-end: laser beam shaping & modulation, production of doughnut beams in optical tweezers & interferometers, etc.
- Further applications: thermography, infrared imaging, applications for terahertz radiation, varifocal ultra-sound lenses
Summary: Special high-end applications as well as numerous low-end mass products. Offset optical power can be implemented, optical efficiency up to 90%, chromatic aberrations computationally reducible, combination with “standard” optics (e.g. glass lenses) permits compensation of dispersion effects.
The Moiré Lens enables dynamical focusing.
- Autofocus or zoom optics for minicameras in smartphones or drones as well as infrared cameras
- Volumetric imaging and 3D-laser processing
- Tunable lens for automotive industry, barcode scanning and terahertz applications
- Varifocal lens for ophthalmology
Generate a tunable axicon with the Moiré Lens to dynamically modulate self-healing beams.
- Dynamical trapping of micrometer sized structures like cells
- Generation of variable self-healing beams or light rings in laser processing and drilling
- Adapting depth of field in imaging processes
- Dynamic beam modulation in laser surgery
Tunable Phase Shifter
The Moiré Lens principle enables the realization of an infinity phase shifter.
- Frequency shifter in high precision spectroscopy
- Phase control in interferometry
- Optical coherence tomography
- Atom trapping and quantum manipulation
Tunable Helical Beam
With the Moiré Lens the steepness of a staircase-like phase front can be adjusted to produce a ring focus of variable diameter.
- Trapping and rotating micrometer sized structures like cells
- Variably highlight object edges in light microscopy
- Drilling rings of variable size in laser processing
- Enhancing bit rate in telecommunication by dynamic beam multiplexing